Bear Camp 2020
Bear Camp programs are conducted during the summer at the Theodore Naish Scout Reservation as a two-day, one-night experience. It is designed especially for boys going into 3rd grade and their parents. Bear Resident Camp is a one-on-one camping experience. Each Scout spends 2 full days and 1 night of fun in the wilderness of Cub World. Boys and their adult partner will participate in many exciting activities listed below.
- Water Park — Swimming
- Theme Related Activities — Crafts, Games
- Outdoor Cooking
- Special Events
- Exciting Campfire with Staff and Cub Scout Participation
- Field Sports — BB Guns, Action Archery
- Nature and Conservation
- Campsite Living
- Central Camp Trading Post
Register for Camp with $30 Deposit / Camper by February 11, 2020
HOAC Registration opens for Pack 900 on February 11, 2020 at 9am
Final Payment Date is April 22, 2020
Bear Resident Camp is a one-on-one camping experience. Therefore, every youth attending camp must have an adult partner. Special circumstances require the approval of a Heart of America Council Representative.
- We will only collect the $30.00 non-refundable deposit per full-time camper fee at the time of registration in February. You are not expected to pay the full payment or provide names during this online sign-up process. You should be prepared to provide the following information when you register for Bear Camp:
- The total number of all full-time scout and adult campers your unit is signing-up. Note: Any spots held will be subject to a non-refundable deposit if removed before or on final payment date. Make sure to reserve a realistic number of campers.
- When registering for camp, you will have the option to Pay Now or Pay Later. Select your method of payment information.
- Pay Now Option- Credit Card or Debit Card
- Pay Later Option- Check (If this option is selected, a payment will need to be received in 5 business days to finish registration. If payment is not received in 5 business days, it is not a guarantee the spots will be available.)
- Primary and Secondary Bear Camp Contact Person Information (strongly recommended to be individuals going to Bear Camp).
- All youth campers attending Bear Camp must be registered members of the BSA. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- There are no part-time youth campers at Bear Camp.
- At least two(2) adults camping at Bear Camp must be registered with the BSA; it is encouraged that all adults attending Bear Camp be registered with the BSA.
- Please ensure all youth and two(2) adults are registered PRIOR to arriving at Bear Camp. This will make your check-in much smoother and prevent us from asking campers to go home until they become registered.
- There are no part-time adults or scouts at Bear Camp.
The names of all Bear Scouts and Adults attending Bear Camp along with your final payment will be due on or before April 20, 2020.
Cost and Fees Information
These fees cover the cost of all patches for Scouts, t-shirts for Scouts, program supplies, participation awards, meals, lodging, insurance, etc. We encourage you to register by Pack rather than individually. However, either form of registration for Bear Camp will be accepted! T-Shirts for Adults are an additional fee.
The cost to attend Bear Camp is …
|On or Before 04/22/2020
|On or After 04/23/2020
Any reserved spots will be subject to a non-refundable deposit of $30 if removed before or on final payment date.
- We will only collect the $30.00 non-refundable deposit per full-time camper fee at the time of registration in January. The remainder of camp fees are due by or on April 22, 2020.
- No refunds will be granted after that fee payment is made. However, transfers within the unit are allowed.
- Any updates made after April 22, 2020 will be charged a $30.00 non-refundable fee per person for Bears, Den Chiefs, and Adults.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER ONLINE IS FEBRUARY 9, 2020
- LATE REGISTRANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS!
- ONLY $30 / PERSON DEPOSIT IS DUE AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
- FINAL BEAR CAMP PAYMENT DUE APRIL 20, 2020
The Dates and Times are tentative and are subject to change. The Final schedule will be released in January 2020.